Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect My Honey, Maple & Mustard Glazed Gammon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My Honey, Maple & Mustard Glazed Gammon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer wish to eat. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy diet.
To sum up, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to my honey, maple & mustard glazed gammon recipe. To cook my honey, maple & mustard glazed gammon you need 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make My Honey, Maple & Mustard Glazed Gammon:
- Take 1 smoked gammon or ham joint,
- Provide For the spiced cola:
- Take 1-2 litres cola (enough to cover joint just over halfway in pan)
- You need Salt and pepper to season,
- Take 1/2 tsp ground ginger,
- Use 1 tsp ground cinnamon,
- Provide 1/2 tsp garlic granules,
- You need 4 whole cloves,
- You need 1 stick celery, chopped into chunks,
- Get 2 carrots, chopped roughly,
- You need 1/3 rd red onion, chopped into chunks,
- Take For the bottom of the basting pan:
- Use 3 carrots, roughly chopped,
- Prepare 2/3 rds a red onion, chopped,
- You need 1 stick celery, chopped,
- Use Some water
- You need For the basting glaze equal parts:
- You need Maple syrup,
- Get Organic honey,
- You need Dijon mustard
Instructions to make My Honey, Maple & Mustard Glazed Gammon:
- Fill a large saucepan (that has a lid) up with cola around halfway and add in all the spices and veg listed in the spiced cola mix, bring to a simmer. Give it a stir to combine the spices into the cola so there's no clumps.
- Place the joint of gammon/ham into the cola and allow it to come to the boil. Top up with a bit more cola if needed, don't overfill the saucepan though as it'll boil over. Place the lid over and turn down the heat slightly to medium. Allow to bubble away for 30-50 mins (the time will depend on the size of the ham), then carefully turn the ham over onto the other side, and top up with more cola if needed then leave to simmer in the cola for another 30-50 mins (again guage this time by size).
- Remove the gammon/ham from the heat and discard the cola. Leave it to rest on a board whilst you preheat the oven to 200 (gas).
- Cut off any string remaining on the ham and place it into a high sided baking tray. Place in the carrots, onion and celery then put the gammon rind side up on top of the veg. Fill the bottom of the baking tray with a little water (about 1 inch high will do).
- Using a really sharp knife cut a diamond pattern into the rind (if not already done). Glaze the top with some of the maple, honey and mustard mixture using a basting brush then bake in the oven for 60-100 minutes, (again depending on size of the joint), every so often returning to baste it more, so you build up a golden and delicious glaze.
- Once happy with the sticky golden glaze, remove from the oven and leave to cool and rest. Carve it once cooled and enjoy! :)
If you find this My Honey, Maple & Mustard Glazed Gammon recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.